We currently have the following employment opportunity available here at Willow Park Church.
JOB TITLE: Girls Ministry Director
JOB STATUS: Full-Time 40 hours
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor / Executive Pastor
Willow Park Church (WPC) is a multi-location, life-giving, multi-generational, Christian church in Kelowna, BC. Our vision is to see "lives transformed by Jesus in the Okanagan Valley."
WPC is looking for an experienced, pastorally gifted Girls Ministry Director in our vibrant youth department (700+ youth). In addition to caring for the girls, the female care group leaders and volunteers, this person will provide support and guidance for the care group curriculum and be part of the youth leadership team.
We are looking for a committed Christian who is enthusiastic about ministry, passionate about youth in the local church and our vision for the region. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential, along with high enthusiasm and attention to detail.
The Girls Ministry Director will interact with a wide range of people of all ages. They must be professional and personable - committed to encouraging and nurturing a culture of enthusiastic volunteering.
Work includes Sunday mornings (possibly evenings) and regular evenings in the week. A willingness to become a member of WPC and attend one of our locations is a must.
- Highly motivated to succeed with a "whatever it takes" work ethic
- Effective organisational, communication & multi-tasking skills - reliability and excellent time-keeping are essential.
- A fast learner, energetic & ambitious to see WPC's vision fulfilled
- Detail-oriented with a passion for excellence
- Personable, professional, responsible, mature & discreet
- Ability to work with a team to manage a budget and plan accordingly
- Ability to consistently follow through and follow verbal and written directives
Position Responsibilities Common to all Church Leaders:
- The pursuit of a deeper spiritual maturity
- Submit to and engage in supporting the vision, mission and values of WPC as well as adhere to the stated policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively and holistically with the other ministries of WPC to accomplish the vision and mission of WPC:
- Guide and administer assigned ministries
- Identify, train and lead volunteers in achieving the goals of the assigned ministries
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, to various audiences about the goals of the ministries
- Prepare a yearly calendar of ministry activities and events
Responsibilities Specific to Girls Ministry Director:
- Mentor, oversee and pastorally care for female volunteers, caregroup leaders and the girls in our youth group.
- Assist in the department's general administration alongside the rest of the team (scheduling, planning, budgeting, etc.)
- Liaise with young families attending Pursuit (our Sunday evening / young adult service) and offer support where needed. Coordinate with Rutland volunteer coordinator as required.
- Coordinate, train and oversee the implementation of the youth curriculum and provide ongoing support for caregroups
- Assist in the collection of Criminal Record checks/references in conjunction with the Child Protection administrator.
- Active member of the Youth missions, events and camp Leadership team.
- Growing Christian who meets Biblical qualifications for leadership.
- A love and passion for youth ministry.
- Preferred education: completion of a college-level course at a recognized bible college
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the youth-related field, preferably ministry work, including but not limited to: leadership, youth worker, small group leadership, and organizing a ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, supervise, train, organize, and lead volunteers.
- Experience in organizing and managing events.
- Mentoring and coaching abilities.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Possess strong interpersonal relational skills and positive conflict resolution abilities.
- Valid driver's license. Class 2 license is an asset.
- Initiative to work both independently and with a team with minimal supervision.
- Endorse and support the leadership and vision of Willow Park Church.
- Must provide a Criminal Reference Check.
- Full extended Health with the MB Canadian Conference
- Increasing paid vacation allowance starting at three weeks
- Pension program
- Competitive salary
Closing Date: January 31st
Please email a resume and cover letter to Glen Madden (Executive Pastor) – h.com