Welcome to South
We are a warm and dynamic community of all ages on mission in the Mission. At Willow Park South we do everything we can to create an environment where people of all ages are expected, accepted, and can explore faith at their own pace. Our pastor is Pastor Glen Madden. Come explore with us! We’d love to meet you!
Why is South Re-Launching?
Glad you asked! ☺ You may know that we have been at the Bellevue Creek Elementary school campus for almost 20 years. In March 2022 we moved back in with our parent campus (33) while the school district did a massive renovation so it could be a functioning school for our rapidly-growing city.
Join us for our official Re-Launch on Sunday October 2, 10:30 am at 4574 Raymer Rd. We will also be streaming our service online!
Will it feel different?
While there’s no avoiding the radical change that comes with the renovation, we will be meeting in the same gym with the same welcoming people, and the same heart for worship and life transformation. Our staff team has poured hours and hours into preparing for this, and we are very excited to show you around!
How can I help?
- There are so many ways to step into ministry teams on Sundays and throughout the week. We are still developing this feature on our website, so for now, please email Pastor Jenny (embedded link)
- SUNDAYS: Worship Team, Service Team (readers, pray-ers, communion prep), Welcome Team (greet/usher, serving coffee), Kids Team (teach or help), Tech Team (sound, streaming, lyrics), Setup Team (chairs, stage, etc.)
- MIDWEEK: Kids Team (teach or help), Community Group (host, facilitate, or help), Ministry Scheduler (flexible hours & workload), Misc. case-by-case
What will kids’ ministry look like?
Courtney has been planning away and we are confident everything will feel like it has her magic touch on it. She has such a heart for wonder, play, and making safe spaces for kids to learn about Jesus. You will be seeing more of her on our social media (embedded link to @wpsouth) with fun messages and content made especially for families!
What ages of Kids Programs will there be?
Nursery / Pre-K, Elementary, & Youth (Wed/Thurs hosted at our Hwy 33 campus where Southies are grouped together)
What have we learned in this transition season? How has it made us stronger?
We have really enjoyed getting to know our Hwy 33 family better during this season. We’ve been able to learn from their strengths and bless them with our strengths. At the same time, we have also realized just how much we love and miss our South gatherings and seeing all of our South faces! We are more than excited to leap into this next season Jesus has for us!
What else is new?
- You will be seeing more of Courtney outside of kids’ programs as she steps into her new role of Apprentice Pastor in addition to being South Kids’ Coordinator.
- This last season has strengthened our community groups and we now have a number of ways for you to step into midweek gatherings to study, pray, serve, and share life.
- Our coffee area will move into the gym/auditorium which means it will be easier to visit with more people!
How can I join a Community Group?
- The Table, Clubs, Women’s, Men’s, Family-Friendly, Young Adults, Connectus (Seniors), Other Community Groups
- Talk to Pastor Nick (embedded link) and he will help you find a group just for you!
Where/when will midweek ministries be?
Our dear friends at KGF (embedded link) have generously made space for us to use their building on Wednesday nights for some of our midweek ministries. We are so grateful for this opportunity to offer our community a consistent meeting place and time. We hope that Wednesdays will become our new “Hub Night” where multiple groups can meet at the same time. Other ministries often meet in homes or at our Hwy 33 campus.
What is our heart for ministry in this new season?
In addition to living out our vision to see lives transformed by Jesus in the Okanagan valley, we want to pour blessing onto this school community for sharing their space with us. Join us in praying through how we can be a blessing to them.
But will there be COFFEE???!!!!
Yes. We see you. 😉
Who’s on the South Team?
- Glen Madden (Campus Pastor)
- Jenny & Nick Toews (Associate Pastors)
- Courtney Vasko (Children’s Coordinator & Apprentice Pastor)
- Sarah Madden (Worship Coordinator)
- Dru Carlsson (Tech Coordinator)
And where are the South team’s offices?
- Our offices are located at our Hwy33 location (439 Hwy 33), and hours are 9am-2pm
- Email us! We’d love to grab coffee with you!
How do I stay in the loop?
You won’t hear about South-specific events on Sundays, so the best way to stay up to date is through our newsletter and on social media.
What happens @ South?
Kids – Clubs, camps, & more!
Youth – Small & large youth gatherings @33, & a youth small group at South
Young Adults – weekly gatherings & studies, men’s & ladies’ events
Adults – Ladies bible studies, community groups, socials, prayer nights
Seniors – Connectus monthly gatherings
Who do I ask?
Our staff team at South includes Glen Madden (campus pastor), Nick & Jenny Toews (Associate Pastors), Courtney Wright (Kids’ Director), Sarah Madden (worship), & Dru Carlsson (tech). For any questions about next steps in your faith or into this community (ie. events, groups, ministry teams) please email email@example.com.
South Service Times
10:30 am (in-person & online)
10:30 am (in-person)
Upcoming at South
There are small groups, activities and events happening regularly at all our locations and you’ll be so welcome to join us.