Membership of Willow Park Church
Why become a member at Willow Park Church?
"For through him, we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God." Ephesians 2:18–19
Should you become a member of a local church? To be bold right at the beginning – YES!
A "member" is somebody who says,
"I'm committed to a special group of people who gather to hear the word of God preached, who worship together and do life together. A group who commits to the 'one another' commandments in the New Testament”
All these benefits can only be fulfilled in the local church – making ourselves available to commit, serve, encourage and connect with a group of people regularly. All this leads to tremendous personal growth as well as God Himself promising that He will grow his church as we work together (Eph 4:16).
In Jesus, you are called to love what Jesus loves, and good news... Jesus loves the church - He lived and died for it! (Eph. 5:25)
We don't offer church membership like a casual membership to H20, Good Life Fitness, or a golf club. Instead, we take church membership seriously at Willow Park Church, and we want everyone to be fully engaged.
What does an engaged member look like? They are ALL of these:
1. Attend - regularly (not just on Sundays - in groups, courses, prayer meetings etc. too.
2. Pray - this is one of our core beliefs - we aim to be a praying people!
3. Give - cheerfully, regularly and sacrificially giving towards the church's work locally, nationally and internationally. We can't do it without you, AND it's biblical.
4. Serve - We love to do things together, and being part of our many volunteer teams is vital to family life!
5. Share - Share the gospel whenever we can and share the story of what's happening at WPC with others.
Become a Member of WPC!
If you are a Christian and you are not a member of a local church, then we encourage you to get connected with a church as soon as possible. However, don't take this lightly - your membership with a church is needed and necessary (1 Cor. 12:4–31).
If you have been participating in the life of WPC but have yet to commit to becoming a member, then we encourage you to take that step by taking our online course:
* note that clicking the button above will take you to an external website, Pastoring.me where you will be able to sign in or register to take the course. Once the course is completed you will be asked to complete a short form. Then, a pastor will be in touch to complete the membership process.
The WPC Team