Visiting a new church for the first time can be intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. We want to do everything we can to make your experience at Willow Park Church a good one.
Here you will find answers to the questions from visitors that we get most often. If you have any other questions that aren't covered here, please let us know by contacting us. We'd love to hear from you!
When are your worship services?
We currently meet on Sundays at 9 & 11 am at Church Online.
Dwell gatherings are our in-person church services (groups of 50 people or less) and we meet at the following times & locations:
- Rutland (Hwy 33) — Sundays at 9 am, 11 am & 5:30 pm (Pursuit)
- Mission (South) — Sundays at 9 am & 11 am
- Creekside (Lake Country) — Sundays at 9 am
What should I wear?
We're definitely a "come as you are" sort of church. Wear whatever is comfortable to you. You'll see a lot of people in jeans, t-shirts and shorts and then again, you might also see someone dressed smartly. We don't care what you wear, we just want you to visit us. (That said, if you walk in wearing beachwear or a tuxedo, you may get some curious looks or confused questions:)
How early should I arrive?
We recommend arriving about 15 minutes before the start of the service to allow yourself time to park, come inside and find a seat. If you're checking in children (more info on that below), you may want to allow an additional 10 minutes or so.
What do I do when I get there?
After you park, you'll be met at the door by our friendly welcome team. Once inside, you are welcome to grab a coffee. This is also the time to check-in your kids in the children's area (more info on that below).
Once you're ready, you can head into the worship centre (with your coffee, if you want) and find a seat. If you're not sure where to sit, the welcome team standing by the entrance will be happy to help you find a spot.
What do I do with my kids?
During this time of physical distancing, we are unable to offer in-person Kids Church. But we think they’ll love our online kids' experience! Kids Church Online happens every Sunday at 8:30 and 10:30 am (before each of our regular Sunday services). It's a live experience staffed by our Kids Team leaders. We hope to see your kids there!
If you'd like to learn more about what we offer for our preschool, grade-school and special-needs children, visit our Kids Ministry page.
What about teenagers?
On Sundays, everyone in 9th grade or older usually attends the worship service with the adults (either in person or online). We also have mid week youth programs for teens that meets Wednesday (Glow for Grades 6-8) and Thursday (Juice for Grades 9-12) evenings.
We have a large youth group and so they also meet in their care groups every other week - they love it!
To learn more about our Youth and the other great things going on, visit our youth web site.
What's the worship service like?
Each service is different, but there are a few things you can always expect:
- Live music that is upbeat and contemporary, though sometimes we add some traditional songs into the mix. Don't worry if you don't know the songs — we provide lyrics to make it easy to follow along. This portion of the service usually lasts about 20 minutes.
- A message from one of our pastors that is relevant, straight-forward and applicable to life today. Whether you’re a Christ-follower or not, we think you’ll walk away with some helpful information. We also provide a space for you to take notes in case there’s something you want to remember.
- A roomful of normal, everyday people, just like you!
For more information please check out the rest of the website and feel free to contact us.